Thursday, January 30, 2014

New Year, New Beginnings

My name is Christina and I am a passionate environmental educator. I love kids and I love teaching science. My appreciation for hands-on learning has motivated my desire to teach in non-traditional settings. Since graduating college in 2012, I've spent my time gaining experience in various locations around the Hudson Valley and NYC.

Fast forward to now.... this January I started a new seasonal position as an environmental educator with a city Parks and Rec Department. A majority of my position focuses on an after-school program for inner city kids ages 5-13 at a local community center. The program is supposed to have an environmental focus, but as of now doesn't.

This blog is going to follow the challenges and opportunities I encounter, but most importantly document the curriculum and activities I create and use. My hope is that other educators may find the activities and materials I post useful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment