Friday, February 7, 2014

Hibernation

To end our animals in winter week, we did a fun arts and craft project to test our memory on different animals in winter we've learned about so far.
I really like this activity sheet (found HERE ) because it highlights some animals that are true hibernators, migrators, and some that we can occasionally see or see tracks of in winter. We used cotton balls to add snow to our pictures too. This activity gave me a chance to reinforce and quiz kids on what they've been learning all week. Even though I had a sample project made, I left it up to the kids to figure out where all the parts belong in the picture.


I ran out of time to read both of these to all the students, but the books "The Mitten" and "The Hat" by Jan Brett were one of my favorite books growing up and it's easy to find ways to relate this book to topics of animals in winter and hibernation.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment